Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The First Couple Days

The first day was a little disapointing when no one from our program showed up to the information session. The other researchers that couldnt attend managed to make arrangements for at least a graduate student to stop by.

Day two began very slow and I dont think I was the only one that felt that way. With such a mix of people with very broad backgrounds, i felt like the material we covered in three hours could have been completed in an hour if people would listen and follow along. The Alice software is great to use and I have managed to pick it up quickly while some others haven't. This has caused much downtime while others catch up. Then after finishing the morning session I discovered my bike was stolen, which didnt make things any better.

Day three went better, we got more advanced and forced the laggers to catch up quicker. I think everything will continue to improve as the others begin to understand the basics while others of us are incorporating the advanced techniques we understand from past programming experience. The brickyard has been a great place to hold our class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mike
Glad the Brickyard is a good location for the work. Yes, I believe it. You all have very diverse backgrounds!
Janet